Your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves. No previous freediving course is required.
Some take up free diving as a sport to challenge their human limits or as a mental discipline to compliment their yoga and meditation practices. Many just want to take snorkeling to the next level; experience the underwater world from within and enjoy more intimate marine life encounters. For others, free diving is the first step towards spearfishing, to bring a sense of autonomy into a modern lifestyle by hunting their own food.
Whatever your goals…
Your journey begins here!
[ ap-nee-uh ]
temporary cessation of breathing
diving under the water independent of the use of breathing apparatus, especially in deep water.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet.
- 2-day course
- HD photography and videos by GO PRO
- Drinks (bottled water, electrolit® drinks, sodas) and snacks (chicken wraps, fruits selection and cookies)
- Safety gear on every boat (life jackets and marine first aid kit)
- Specially trained, bilingual and experienced Captain and Deckhands
There are no reviews yet.