Learn basic freediving principles and focus on practicing breathhold techniques in a pool or confined water site.
Freediving has been captivating the world for years with romantic visions of lone divers in the deep blue, unprecedented marine-life encounters, and the alluring discipline of moving meditation. Now it is your chance to immerse yourself in a magnificent underwater world that can only be experienced from within. A truly intriguing way to explore the aquatic realm, the practice of free diving is simultaneously a personal challenge and an experience of bliss; both an exercise and a meditation; a solo act that at the same time creates a feeling of unity and belonging.
Whether your goal is to become part of the reef or dive into the endless blue, Spearmex will introduce you to the best local sites appropriate for your skill level. Our certified instructors will share tips and techniques for deeper dives and richer adventures while allowing the safest and most enjoyable day on (and under) the water.
The internal discipline of diving to depths on a single breath welcomes the absolute best in marine life encounters… and Pacific Mexico has the best to offer with dynamic volcanic reefs, hearty marine life, and clean nutrient rich waters. Come and challenge yourself to explore the beauty of the ocean in a compelling new way.
“Man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.” -Jacques Yves Cousteau
To enroll in a PADI Basic Freediver course you must be 12 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
The PADI Basic Freediver course consists of two main phases:
- Knowledge development through independent study with the PADI Freediver eLearning (or your instructor may conduct class sessions if not available in a language you understand).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet
- 3-hour experience
- HD photography and videos by GO PRO
- Drinks (bottled water, electrolit, sodas) and snacks (chicken wraps, fruits selection and cookies)
- Safety gear on every boat (life jackets and marine first aid kit)
- Specially trained, bilingual and experienced Captain and Deckhands